DUNCANVILLE—The Duncanville ISD Education Foundation & Ben Franklin Apothecary are hosting the 3rd Annual Heart of Duncanville 5K run, a premier run/walk on Saturday, October 8, 2016.
All the proceeds from the event will benefit the Education Foundation who generates & distributes resources to Duncanville ISD teachers for programs/projects that enhance the quality of education and provide students with opportunities to become contributing citizens.
The race will start and finish at Ben Franklin Apothecary located at 302 N. Main Street at 8:00 a.m. with several post-race activities to follow. Post race activities include bounce houses, vendor showcase and a concert featuring the “Shane Bell Band”.
Registration for the 5K/1 mile run & walk is available in person at Ben Franklin, Luke’s Locker in Dallas, or www.HeartOfDuncanville5K.com
Fees to participate in the Heart of Duncanville 5k run are $20 and $12 for the 1 mile. All fitness levels are welcome! This event is designed for the whole family to participate and to have fun.
Participants will receive an exclusive race t-shirt, goody bags featuring several giveaways from participating sponsors, the opportunity to win great door prizes, and much more.
Heart of Duncanville 5K Run Details
- Scenic course through Main Street, Lakeside Park, & several historic Duncanville neighborhoods.
- Proceeds from the event are donated to the Duncanville ISD Education Foundation
- USA Track & Field Sanctioned Event & Certified Course
- Tech tees made from partially recycled materials to ALL pre-registered participants
- Top Overall Winners (Male & Female) AND Top Masters Winner (Male & Female over 40) will receive $50 Lukes Locker Giftcards
- Medals also awarded to the top (3) Male & Female Overall age group winners.
Race Director Kasey Cheshier stated, “Our entire committee has such a heart to see our teachers & students excel. We truly consider it an honor & privilege to support the wonderful teachers in the City of Champions. Everybody that crossed that finish line & supported this race is a champion…. we were all champions for children on race day!”