Arrest Led To Discovery of Drugs & Firearms
On Friday, July 30, 2021, at approximately 1530 hours (3:30pm), the Ellis County Sheriff’s Office, SIU, executed a Search Warrant and Arrest Warrant in the 1000 block of Edgewood Street in Ennis, Texas.
The resident, Ernesto “Checho” Garcia, was apprehended on a Pardon and Parole Violation out of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ). As a result of the apprehension, investigators followed-up with a search warrant, which led to the discovery of multiple firearms, firearm ammunition, cocaine, methamphetamine, and liquid THC
The Sheriff’s Office would like to thank the Ennis Police Department for their assistance.
Mr. Garcia is being held at the Wayne McCollum Detention Center, in Waxahachie for the
following charges and bond amounts:
1. Parole Violation – No Bond
2. Manufacturing Delivery CS PG 1 GT=1G LT 4G – $10,000.00
3. Manufacturing Delivery CS PG 1 GT=1G LT 4G – $10,000.00
4. Manufacturing Delivery CS PG2 OR 2-A GT=4G LT 400G – $100,000.00
5. Possession of Marijuana GT 4OZ LT= 5pounds – $ 10,000.00